Home » blog » Interstate clients – why you need a conveyancer in Adelaide

Interstate clients – why you need a conveyancer in Adelaide

Are you moving to Adelaide from interstate or purchasing an investment property in Adelaide? Do you have an SA Settlement ?

If you are purchasing property in a state other than that which you currently live in, you will be considering where to hire a conveyancer to conduct the transfer for you. It is best to hire a conveyancer or solicitor in the state that the property is located in as they will have the best understanding and expertise to conduct the transaction and will be licensed and registered in that state.

interstate clients

What is the difference from state to state? 

Conveyancing regulations and legislation differs from state to state. In South Australia licensed conveyancers work under the Conveyancers Act 1994 (SA) and the associated regulations. The legislation to deal with real property is the Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 (SA) and, once again, the regulations

The process of conveying land from a vendor to a purchaser can differ from state to state and the best possible service that you will receive will be from a qualified professional who knows the law and regulations to deal with your important transaction. 

South Australian settlements

If you live in a state other than South Australia and you are purchasing real property in Adelaide and the surrounding suburbs, or even rural or country land, you will need to engage the services of a conveyancer or solicitor who can conduct property transfers within the state.

Assisting our interstate clients

At Robbins Conveyancing we are able to conduct the transfer of land for you, even though you are located in another state to us. Whilst we will still need to complete a verification of identity, in accordance with the Registrar-General’s requirements, we are able to organise for an IDSecure agent to meet with you, at a time and location that suits you, to complete this process. We can also arrange for all paperwork to be handled electronically and will keep in touch with you throughout the whole process to ensure that your settlement is stress free. 

Other factors to consider when choosing a conveyancer for SA settlements

It is important to check that the conveyancer you choose is a member of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers (AICSA). The AICSA is the peak body in South Australia overseeing the conveyancing profession. When you choose a conveyancer who is a member of the AICSA, you have the best guarantee of ethical conduct, expert advice and professional services. You can find our membership and business listing with the AICSA here.

Contact us today on 08 8490 0797 to discuss your needs and to obtain a fixed fee quote.


– Lauren Robbins | Director and Registered Conveyancer